Jetson Edition (obsolete)
This edition of CamAdapter is based on NVIDIA Jetson TK1.
Warning: This edition is not supported at the moment. Please use Toradex Apalis TK1 or BeagleBone Black edition instead.
- The software is compatible only with NVIDIA Tegra K1 platform at the moment.
- This version of CamAdapter supports DJI Zenmuse X3/X5/X5R/XT/Z3 only.
- DJI Zenmuse Z30 is supported using a special adapter. Note that the current hardware design does not suppose this adapter to be mounted. One needs to develop a custom design in order to connect Z30.
- Tested with DJI Zenmuse X3/XT/Z3.
CamAdapter consists of:
- Embedded computer: NVIDIA Jetson TK1
- CAN-Bus adapter: Innodisk EMUC-B202
- DJI Zenmuse connection: Mounting board from Zenmuse Gimbal Mounting Bracket
- AHRS device: Pixhawk with ArduPilot or similar
- DC-DC converter: LM2596 based, +12VDC, 3A output
- M3 screws, bars, and nuts
Also you need to manufacture some case parts:
- Desolder COM and audio connectors from Jetson TK1 and solder fan wires directly to the receptacle in order to reduce overall board height.
- Remove DJI Mounting Board from the bracket.
- Mount DJI Mounting Board under the bottom board using screws (holes are marked red). Pass power cable through the hole marked green. Connect video and CAN-bus cables.
- Place box part onto the bottom board then mount Jetson TK1 onto them and fix with M3 screws and bars.
- Insert EMUC-B202 board to the mPCIe slot. Fix it with M3 screws and nuts inserting EMUC spacer between EMUC and the bottom board. Connect the video cable to micro-USB connector on Jetson and CAN-bus cable to the top connector on EMUC-B202.
- Mount DC-DC onto the top board and fix using M3 screws and nuts. Solder power wires from DJI Mounting Board and input power wires to IN+/IN- pads and Jetson power cable to OUT+/OUT- pads.
- Close the box with the top board and fix it using M3 screws.
- Fix ear boards under the bottom board inserting rubber dampeners.
- Mount assembled device on DJI S900 frame inserting ear spacers and connect power and Ethernet cables.
In order to stabilize the gimbal against drone inclination one need to use separate AHRS device. One may use a flight controller for that purposes. There is a special software which gets attitude information from autopilot and sends it to CamAdapter. See attitude-feeder application for details.